Saturday, August 18, 2012

Prince of Peace

A few weeks ago when Bela was in NICU her cubicle was next door to a baby who had a lot of trouble breathing.  I remember sitting in the rocking chair with Bela praying for that boy when I felt God asking me, "If you had to choose, would you pick for that boy to live, or Bela?" Wow.

I thought about it, and I had to say, "Sorry, but I would not give up my child for a boy that doesn't even know me. "

And He said, "I did." Wow.

That's true. God gave up His one and ONLY son for people that didn't even know Him, because He loves us. And it's His blood that gives us life and allows us to have joy in the midst of trials. And it's that blood that covers my daughter and gives us hope that She will be fully healed.

Yesterday I read that book that's apparently pretty well known now, "Heaven is For Real". It's amazing. I read it in about two hours yesterday and haven't been able to stop thinking about it. It's about a  4 year old boy who flatlined during surgery and went to heaven . He recounts his experience to his parents, telling them things about their lives that they'd never told him and that he couldn't have known any other way. But the most startling thing to me is the immense love he feels that Jesus has for His children.  The way the boy describes what he saw gives such a visual image.

So yesterday in Bela's room I could picture what I had read and picture Jesus there with us, with a look of compassion and love, loving on us both, and I felt His peace.  And I pray for all of you who've prayed for us, that you'll know and feel His peace too.

We thank you for the prayers, because most days we are exhausted and don't know how we're going to get through this. We feel tired, scared, alone, stressed, angry, and are "short" with each other sometimes, not having the energy to communicate.  But we feel so encouraged through all of your prayers and we know that the burden is shared.  We pray a lot too, but when we are tired and we need others to lift us up, we feel relieved because we know so many people are "standing in the gap" for us.

2 comments:

  1. Laura, we are reading your blog and pray for Bela and your family daily!
    Love from, Tom and Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing revelation from the Lord. Thank you for sharing it with us. Praise His Holy Name!!

    ReplyDelete