Sunday, August 05, 2012

Bela's One Month Today!

Beto and I spent the afternoon with Bela today. We sang Happy Birthday to her because she turned one month today. One month already!

Her nurse said she was really happy and fun in the morning. She is very alert and loves to look around a lot.

One of the cancer research doctors came in for awhile and explained all the ins and outs of the research and our participation in it and then I had to sign a whole bunch of papers.

Beto had a wonderful time holding her for about 4 hours and they took a nap together. When she woke up they enjoyed listening to praise music together on dada's ipod.

Later after I changed her diaper and went to pick her up her feeding tube came out before I knew it. The tube was caught in her crib door and I didn't notice and it just ripped the tape right off her face. She didn't really cry but I felt so bad and thought the tube broke off in her stomach, but the nurse assured me "no big deal" and would put it back in at her next feeding time.

At 5pm I got to bottle feed her and at 6:30 the nurse came to give her more antibiotics in her IV. That's when she noticed that her IV was not good. This was at the same time as shift change and I had to leave. Bela was crying one of those really hard cries where she opens her mouth but no sound comes out for a few seconds, her face turns bright red, and then she lets out a loud scream. And I couldn't stay to comfort her. It's horrible having to leave her there although I know she's in great hands. The nurses had to put in a new IV. I am glad that she'll be getting the central line tomorrow.





Nap time

Thanks to my "sister-in-law"Lisa and her daughters for this beautiful and yummy Edible Fruit boquete!

Please remember to pray for Bela's "3-in-1" procedure tomorrow morning. They have moved it to 9am. We are praying for only good news and that Bela will recover extremely well and with minimal pain. Thank you so much for all of your prayers so far! We have been standing on God's Word and surrounding ourselves with praise music.  I am reminded that Jesus' blood forgives and covers and protects us from the enemy. God is always with us and He is such a comfort.

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love those photos! She's so gorgeous! Praying for sweet Bela...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura and Beto she is sooooooooo very beautiful and sweet. She does look a lot like Santi! I wish I could hold her too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you. I keep trying to say something, but my words are not sufficient. We love you

    ReplyDelete