Sunday, August 12, 2012

Aunt Glenda

My Aunt has been at the hospital all day mostly alone with Bela (and the nurses).  I was going to spend the night tonight but the doctor has strict orders that anyone who is even living with sick people cannot go to visit Bela because her immune system is so compromised right now. So my aunt Glenda is spending the night as well with her. Santiago and my niece came home sick from church camp and my mom was around sick people all week so I'm not sure when Beto and I will be able to go see her again. It is really hard but I'd rather Bela not get very sick than for her to get really sick and then me feel guilty about it.

My aunt shared with me that they put Bela back on the feeding tube today for a simple reason.  They realized that her breathing was more labored after she ate and then they realized that she was taking about 3 ounces in just 30 minutes. This was putting a lot of pressure in her abdomen area, so now they are giving her an ounce an hour through her tube to see if that helps.

They are also giving her more platelets tonight.

An older picture that never made it to the blog. Bela and her grandma. 

Our son came home from camp!!! we missed him so much!
I'm so grateful to my aunt Glenda and also to my aunt Romaine and sister Glenda who have helped a lot lately. Thanks for your prayers and please pray for my aunt Glenda as she stays the night, that she can actually get some sleep, and Bela too!

3 comments:

  1. I love the two pics you put up on today's blog! I too am so grateful to Aunt Glenda for staying all day and night with her. We are all so blessed with much support. I hate having to stay away but it's best for her. Praying for her tonight and always. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Laura and Beto. I just found out about your blog. I'm glad you are able to keep us updated on all that is happening with little Bela. Know that she is in our daily prayers, and we are praying that she will be home with you soon. I hope everyone gets well quickly. My parents and brother are sick, too. When everyone is well I would like to visit. My heart is with you all. Janine Sevy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura & Beto, I enjoyed being with baby Bela for a few hours yesterday(Sunday). Thank you for allowing me that priviledge. She is so sweet. I had some time of holding her and she was just looking around peacefully before a nurse came in to do her thing. I got to change diapers (you know, the yellow kind), hear those little baby sneezes that come out of nowhere, and find the pacifier that dropped out of her mouth, all of those things that every newborn does. I saw how music is comforting to her, as well as rubbing that hard little belly of hers. She has won the hearts of everyone that knows her, including me. I continue to pray for her to get better. Love you guys, Wanda

    ReplyDelete