Monday, October 05, 2009

Vacation to the East Coast




























It's been a week since we returned from our trip to the East Coast. We went to see my sister Amy in Boston and also went to NYC for a few days. Then we went to see our good friend Danielle and her family in Maryland for a couple of days. We spoke at her church to raise funds for our ministry in Honduras. It was a lot of fun and too short of a visit! But Santi doesn't mind. He gets spoiled everywhere! While we were there we took the train into DC for the day and saw as many important monuments as we could. And we walked it all! We were so tired and did not feel guilty about having McDonald's for dinner!
While in Maryland Beto also got to visit with his cousin who lives near DC and another Honduran friend surprised us by flying up from Honduras and staying in Maryland a couple of days of his East Coast trip.
We returned to Boston for one night and then were on the road again with the family to Vermont where we stayed for a few days. A lot of fun and we enjoyed to cold weather...until we all came down with colds.

At this moment I can't think well. It's 9:45pm and way past my bedtime. I'm going to try to blog everyday, thanks to Amber. My inspiration. It is too hard to try to catch up after two weeks of constant activity.

We returned to Boston for a couple of nights and had lunch with Christina Johnson, a friend from Long bEach who's studying at MIT. That was a lot of fun. I love boston and just sitting on the porch with amy drinking tea and talking. she and dave have raised an amazIng family! love you guys!

since we've returned we've been kind of laying low, trying to get well. Santi is teething on top of having had his six months vaccines and going to the cardiologist for a heart murmer, which is nothing to worry about thank God. Please pray for him and us. My mom is driving back with my nephew Seth and they are due to arrive Wednesday.
Beto didn't get an extension for his VISA so we are going to file another peticion so we can stay utnil JUne and not have to return in DEc. We have a lot of money to raise still. We have a disc now with all our info on it including the video if you're interested in helping us pass some out to people you think would be interested.
We are stying busy. Beto's helping my uncle paint his apt. that he's renting out to antoher new tenant soon and we are involved at our church here in Long Beach a little bit more. I find it hard to get anything done withthe baby except when he's in bed but when he's there i want to be sleeping too. So with that i will stop rambling and maybe write something better tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Santiago is HUGE and so adorable! I love the pics. Unfortunately I thought you were a guy in the yellow slicker, white hat pic. I cracked up when I saw it. You are so cute. I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete