Friday, October 09, 2009

DANG IT!

That's Beto's learned "phrase of the day". and he used it asmuch as possible,sometimes very out of context, which made it all the more funny.
We went downtown today for Santi's citizenship appointment. We didn't have to wait long at all, maybe about an hour total. But finally we were told that we didnt' need to make an appt. that we should've waited till we got something in the mail. well, we filed the paperwork for this in July and figured that we needed to be proactive. But they said that we should hear something by the end of November, that they are behind and still working on cases that were filed before JUly. THis makes me nervous becuase his VISA expires Dec. 6 along with Beto's and we really want to be here for Christmas. Please pray about this.

So then we went to Sen. Boxer's office across the street to ask for a letter in favor of Beto to help us out when we go to refile his paperwork for a six month VISA extension.

We were going to go to Olvera st. for lunch but parking was $14, so we decided to go to Pasadena instead and were going to fart around in Old Towne but never found it. Well, we ate first at an amazing Thai food place called Nine in Nine or something like that and after that we were ready to go home. So this is where i tell about my love-hate relationship with Tom-Tom.
yes, the GPS machine. First of all, it makes me crazy! I know where I'm going, yet when "she" plans a different route, I begin to doubt myself. I grew up in this town with all these freeways and yet all of a sudden I feel like a tourist. except worse, becuase I know where I'm going but when "she" tells me to go a different way I freak out! and i stress out and i scream at the little machine. but then i realize, ok, maybe this way is better.
on the way home "she" told me to take the 110 to the 405 S(only locals may understand this next paragraph). but getting closer to the 405 from the carpool lane i decided that, at 3pm on a friday afternoon, the 105 to the 710 to the 405 may be faster. but then i doubt myself and take the 105 W instead of East. and i got sad that after riding those freeways between south central and Watts nearly everyday for two years, I can't remember! So i am going towards LAX and realized I needed to get off the freeway and get back on going East. And of course there was "merging" traffice, but eventually we got home.
And Santi did EXCELLENTLY! We are blessed with such a well-behaved, happy boy! Thank God.
Now Seth is home telling us of his fights at the Angels/Red Sox game here in LA where he went to root for Boston. Gma is never allowing him to go to another ballgame AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment