Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Tuesday October 6, 2009

As I write that date I am reminded that it is my dad's birthday tomorrow. Please pray for our family. But on a lighter note, it is my Sister Glenda's and brother-in-law Charles' anniversary!
Today I was excited for the first time in a long time to get onto blogger because i feel like i have something to say. well, not anything too important, just what i did today.

last night we didn't sleep too well. Santi was up a lot and didn't want to go back to sleep. He's teething and had his 6 mo. vaccinations last wed. so he's going through a lot. He was up and ready though at about 7am. I don't know how he goes so strong and with so much joy without much sleep, especially for a baby. He did make a humongous poop in the night, his first in a few days. And as we all know, that;s enough to make anybody feel better.

I took Beto to my Uncle Bruce's apt. building at 9am. He's helping him get one apt. ready for a new tenant this week.
Santi and I went home and we both got about an hour nap, Praise the Lord!
"Aunt" Cindy called and we went out to lunch with her and then grocery shopping and she invited me to an "after-lunch tea" at Starbucks. We hung out at her house for awhile just talking and then it was time to pick Beto up from work already!
Now we're home and I've got teriyaki chicken and a butternut squash in the oven for dinner. There's leftover rice from last night's dinner and salad in a bag, my favorite thing ever, becuase we don't have those in Honduras.

I'm still experiencing short periods of headaches with dizziness so please pray for me about that.

Also, Beto didn't get his VISA extension request approved so we have to apply again. Please pray that he gets it so we can for sure stay until next June. His VISA expires in Dec. We could try to visit Guatemala for a few weeks and then fly back and they may give him another 6 mo. upon reentry, but the flight is costly and we're not wanting to take that chance that whoever is checking VISA's at the airport that day may not want to give him another 6 mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment