Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hiatus

wednesday night I didn't write becuase we got home late and the computer was on the fritz. We accompanied my mom and Seth to LAX where we had dinner and said good-bye to them on their way to Africa.

thursday I forgot that my mom had left her laptop. i love using it becuase it's so much faster than our other computer. i had to take it to Staples to get it fixed. that'll take about five days.

Friday? I was too tired to write.

It's not been too bad without my mom and Seth here. don't get me wrong, i really miss them, but Santi isn't teething or suffering from Vaccinations like he was before they left. He is a lot more fun to be around now that he's seven months, starting to pull himself up and moving a lot. He sure has been "talking" a lot the past few days too.

The time's going by fast which is good for me becuase i'll get to see mom and Seth again soon, but hopefully their time in Africa goes slowly so they really enjoy themselves and have a good full visit.

At 8:30 every weekday for the next 8 days I'm picking up a friend and taking her to her radiation treatment. Afterwards we go out for brunch and she really loves spending time with Santi. we always have a lot of laughs.

There's always errands to run and my mom's bills to pay.

Yesterday we went down to the beach for a run. It felt so good! I saw some guy feeding a bunch of wild cats on the bluffs. Looks like he rode his bike and took a bunch of food and bowls. interesting....

today it took us until 2pm to get out of the house. Santi is sleeping better now that my mom's not here we're letting him cry himself back to sleep at night when he wakes up and last night, the third, he cried less than the previous two. But we still get up pretty early, around 7 at the latest. So I was preparing all the things i needed to take to the post office but then i had to wait for addresses and bythe time i got them santi was ready for a nap, and when he woke up the post office was closed.

We tried FedEx and there was a line when i entered, and only one guy working. The man in front of me holding a huge box said, "This is a losing battle." as he walked out. some couple was tyring to ship some humongous painting. we decided to go to the carwash instead. afterwards we returned to FedEx, about 45 min. later, and the couple was still there! just finishing up. I decided they would be too expensive anyways after the worker told me the rates.

So we had breakfast for dinner tonight. mmmmm...i took a walk wiht Santi and ran into a few neighbors and had good talks with them.

Please pray for one who is a widow and really having a difficult time with her own health.

No comments:

Post a Comment