Saturday, October 24, 2009

saturday

when i was "young" saturday's meant sleeping in, at least. but i loooove my morning time with santi. i make my breakfast while he makes his BM, i change him and then we eat breakfast together.

today we relaxed at home and then visited our best friends the Heida's. Today was my friend laura's birthday and they were moving into another house. it's really nice. i like it. and laura got the biggest room opening onto the patio.

there were a lot of old friends there some we hadn't seen in awhile. i love those old friends that you feel comfortable with no matter how much time has past and know you can always be yourself.

we came home and of course santi fell asleep on the way. after his nap we played with him a lot and he watched a movie with daddy while i cleaned the house. then i decided i needed some exercise, at 7:30pm. i thought i'd see at least one person walking, which i did, but i felt awkward being the only mom out with her baby.
santi fell asleep in the stroller which i wasn't expecting because he took a late nap. he didn't get his bath but we'll have time in the morning for that. so now i'm off to be a little productive.

2 comments:

  1. "but i loooove my morning time with santi. i make my breakfast while he makes his BM,"

    Now I ask you...WHAT sentence on earth could possibly compete with that one?!
    Love you, Oh Funny One!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I want to comment on the same sentence. So matter of fact. So "this is life" , Yup, You do the business of being a mom and he does his business. You have such a way with words. I just realize that sentence totally derailed me and I haven't even finished reading this post . . . so, if you'll excuse me while I read and Santi . .. Oh, pardon me.

    ReplyDelete