Thursday, April 06, 2006

THANK YOU!

Hey Everyone! Thanks so much for all your comments and encouragement. aaahhh...i feel the love.
I don´t have too much time to write right now..just a few updates. Next week is Semana Santa! Spring Break! This week wasn´t too bad. The director even brought us donuts and coffee for our meeting on Tuesday. Tomorrow we have food and games and go home early. I don´t have any plans but to relax and hang out with Beto and Amber. woo hoo!

I will be in LA next month for about 3 to 4 weeks, then return for the last week of school. At least that´s my plan now. Unfortunately, looks unlikely for Beto to come this time, but antoher time soon, maybe December.

I already have a new missionary job lined up that I´ll start in June, working with the church Beto´s worknig with now. A man from Tenn. knows the preacher here and God pretty much dropped this opportunity into my lap. That´s not a general occurance and I´m so grateful for this opportunity. I´ll be teaching English everyday in the church building using the Bible, the curriculum is already wirtten and we already have the books. I´ll be teaching 3 2-hour classes at a beginner´s level, each level lasting 2 months, so this ¨trial run¨will last until this december. On Friday´s I´ll teach a 3 hour class in the men´s prison and in the afternoon we´ll minister in the women´s prison, but I won´t teach them English. I´m realy excited to be able to work at the same place as Beto and already have a sponsor whom I´ve not met. They are working for us on getting support for Beto too so please pray about that. THese people are amazing and I´ll get to meet them in July.

Blessings, and pray for my parents as they are driving to CA from FL this week.

2 comments:

  1. Laura - The life you're living is such an encouragement to me. I'm glad you'll get to work close to Beto as well.

    I wish I had known your parents were in my part (Florida) of the world. They would have been more than welcomed to hang out with us for a while.

    Take care and enjoy the well deserved vacation. As a friend of mind use to say, the three greatest aspects of teaching are "June, July, and August."

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like an awesome opportunity Laura. So glad that you are going to be doing this (although I would rather have you home with me, but I am selfish!). I am still praying for Beto to be able to come in May, don't give up hope yet!!

    ReplyDelete