Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Afterthought

A few weeks ago i was feeling really down and depressed. I have a nice house, a wonderful boyfriend, a good paying job (for here), a great roomate, good food, and I was listening to one of my favorite CD´s. I read exciting books, watch entertaining T.V programs and movies, I live in a nice neighborhood and don´t have too many complaints about the church Beto and I attend. I have a comfy bed and enough clothes. But even though some of these things had made me happy in the past, nothing could cheer me up. I was being attacked, I could feel it, but at the time I didn´t care to try to get rid of my sadness. I thought, nothing of this world, not even really close friends, can always fulfill me the way Jesus can. it was like one of those ¨duh¨lighbulbs. And not even reading the Bible cheered me up. Not to say it´s not God´s Word and not powerful, but our joy doesn´t only come from the Bible, it comes from Jesus, from His Holy Spirit Himself. Only He can totally and completely fulfill us how we need.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for having a "duh" lightbulb moment. I needed to hear this! I think we all need to be reminded that our joy comes from him and not to look for others to fulfill our needs. Thanks Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep hanging in there Laura and thanks for helping me re-(there's that word)focus today.

    ReplyDelete