Friday, April 07, 2006

Feliz Semana Santa!






Semana Santa is Holy Week, or Spring Break, meaning a week off from school! yippee! Today we left school early after partying in the morning. here are my kids having an egg hunt and having tons of fun in the classroom. Xavier, the small boy with black hair, did the chalkboard drawing, and all the kids pitched in with food. Two girls didn´t come which is why you only see four kids in some fotos.
About Beto maybe not being able to come...we have to go to Guatemala but didn´t think we´d be able to go. Well, last night Beto says he´s going Monday, so pray there´ll be a miracle and we can get his VISA. See, from others who´ve done this before it was suggested that we have a letter from the CA senator inviting Beto to go to the states, which we don´t have. They also said it takes about three months to process, and we don´t have that kind of time. Also, usually you have to go to the bank, pay for an appointment at the embassy, then go to your appointment. We only have a few days, so I plan on using my begging skills that have seemed to work at the banks lately. Pray God´s will be done. I still want to try to get his VISA even though it seems hopeless at this point. Thanks for all your encouragement!

4 comments:

  1. My feelings are absolutely crushed! A letter from a California senator would carry more weight than MY letter from a Long Beach church? I'm taking the rest of the day off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both have been in my prayers! Much love to you both and I really want to meet this boy so I hope it works out Laura. Oh and of course he needs to come so he can fill out the application to date you that Charles has for Beto to fill out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Speaks! I am praying for you and Beto! Nothing is hopless in the Lords hands ;-) I'm glad you hear you are doing well and the Lord is opening doors for you! Love ya much! Can't wait to see ya in the states!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I am praying that Beto can accomplish all that needs to be done. I bet we can get a senator to invite him. How about a ex-mayor of L.A.?

    ReplyDelete