Friday, April 21, 2006

El Jardin...Despues



Me, last night, after putting the flowers in. Don´t you love the outfit? Wow!
We had so much fun picking out the flowers. The man at the planteria was really helpful. I even bought an orchid, but it´s inside! And we bought a big indoor plant, which adds a lot to the living room! I didn´t have as much fun actually planting the flowers. Amber´s better at that than I. she smoothed out the dirt after to make it look presentable. She also managed to break a pipe while wacking a hole in the ground. Later we found out it´s actually used to bring water to our cistern. We have a very clean place on our wall now where the water shooted out onto it and we won´t need to water our garden for about a week. I am so amazed at Amber´s skills in trying to stop the water. I can´t go into detail becuause she´ll hurt me but it was quit a site! I love you Amber! We finally called our landlady and she sent someone to shut off the water. We tried all the valves we could find and turned off the breaker to the cistern, but of course there was one valve left we didn´t see, and that was the winner! Anywho, now that our garden isn´t flooded, today I saw the sock Amber tied on the pipe to try to stop the water. Just shy of the break by about an inch or less, but she sure put out her best effort, let me tell you! I am happy to report that all of our flowers are still looking gorgeous.

3 comments:

  1. You and Charles have something in common, I kill all the plants, he keeps them alive. When he came back from Iraq there was a plant I think I watered 2 times while he was gone, he managed to bring it back to life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to set the record straight, the sock was placed over the hole and then blown by the force of the water to where Laura later saw it. And an update on the story, Amber fixed the pipe herself the next day so Miss Laura better watch out. Handygirl Amber might go after her in her sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. amber also bought the hose and set it up on stakes, as well as the rose bush. you da BOMB!!! THE BOMB DIGGITY, AMBER!
    (please don´t hurt me!)

    ReplyDelete