Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Afterthought to an Afterthought...

After writing my “afterthought” blog the other day, I realized something else…that those things I thought should make me happy didn’t because only Jesus can fill us with joy. But the ironic thing I thought of later is that in the past, I thought some things would complete me… like not being “single” anymore. I realized that we as human beings never really know what we want. We may think we do, but when we’re single, for example, we think “if only…” then we’d be happy. And when we’re not single anymore, we think “man, if only I were single again.” Hello? Now not that I’m unhappy with my current situation in life. I am happy, but it was a reminder that God alone has perfect wisdom and knows what’s best for us, and has perfect timing. We can trust in Him, He is faithful.

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts Laura. The grass isn't any greener over the horizon, it's just over the horizon but for some reason we always assume it's greener.

    I think King Solomon had some thoughts along what you said today.

    Enjoy the break.

    ReplyDelete