Sunday, September 30, 2012

Good week

Just a short update. Bela is still doing well, drinking lots of breastmilk, mostly from me or bottles. It may be more bottles than me soon though. I seem to be "drying up", but I'm going to try some supplements. We'll see.
Her platelets continue to climb. They checked yesterday and they were at 66,000.  Hopefully they'll be 75,000 by Monday so they can start Chemo.
I met another mom from the Hem/Onc floor yesterday on the ride down in the elevator. Her teenage son was diagnosed July 6 and since then has only been home 3 days. I met her today for the first time even though I've seen her son many a time "doing his laps" around the floor attached to his IV's. We got to talking about how as parents we say things to the doctors and think things we never imagined saying or thinking before our kids were sick. We don't want them to have chemo but, considering the alternative, we actually PREFER to see them throwing up, because then we know the chemo is working.

Bela starts her second round of chemo tomorrow, but before that they will perform a lumbar puncture with insertion of chemo as a preventative measure, a routine procedure.

We had a wonderful last few days taking her out for walks everyday.  She's been very happy and playful.  Thanks for all your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment