Saturday, July 07, 2007

Fun with mom and auntie

Hey Everybody...

Well, after the end of all the end of year activities, I had 3 days at home to clean the apt., wash clothes, and spend precious last moments with my apt. friends before we all went our separate ways. My windows were a huge job in themselves, being that my apt. is closest to the dusty street so it gets the brunt of the dirt. Last Thursday I headed to Teguc. where I stayed with Amber and had about 5 days to hang out with friends before my mom and aunt Glenda flew into town. Their original flight was cancelled so they've been here since Tuesday. We've done so much in the last 5 days, and we have about 2 weeks left! Our first night together in Teguc. we took Jeanne and Steve White to TGIFriday's for burgers. It was 4th of July! Ironically only mom and aunt Glenda got fajita's with little United states flags stuck in the meat with toothpicks!

Wednesday we took a city tour, private in a minivan. Our tour guide spoke english and was really knowledgable and sweet. the tour was only supposed to take 4 hours and we ended up taking about 6. He took us all over. Since we went so late we invited him to lunch and he took us to a typical Honduran food place. Very tasty!

Thursday we left the city around 7.30am for a 3 hour bus ride to Catacamas, east of Teguc. That is where the Christian ministry Predisan is. My mom and aunt wanted to see it because the directors have spoken at Pepperdine Lecture's before. It is an amazing medical clinic working to heal the whole person...spiritually, mentally, physically, and it is very modern, especially by Honduran standards. We went out to lunch with the director, Doris Clark, and another volunteer she had visiting her after our tour of Predisan and Cerepa, a drug and alcoholic rehabilitation center a little outside the main part of town. That same day we took the 3 hour bus ride back to Teguc. That night my old roomate Amber met us at the hotel and we ate in the restaurant there. That was a lot of fun!!! I'm enjoying the luxurious hotels and "free"food.

Yesterday we slept in and took a noon bus for my house. We arrived around 4, had a couple hours to relax, and went to my apt. complex to have homemade beef veggie soup with Mr. Ken. It was a good time of fellowship. It was fun to try to get a hotel room here yesterday. I guess Im used to how things are here. we looked at four rooms till finally the hotel clerk personally showed us the suite...the LARGEST ROOM IN THE CITY!!! It was just good enough for my mom and aunt, so we took it! I am thoroughly enjoying my time with them!!!

For the weekend we are staying here in my town, relaxing and enjoying a lot of time with Beto. This morning he made us homemade rools, refried beans(not homemade), eggs and coffee. I brought bacon and we all enjoyed a brunch at my apt. It's a lot of walking here in town from the hotel to my place so we take it slow. We've been at the internet now over an hour but are enjoying coffee's and ice creams. Beto is speaking a lot in english and entertaining us with funny stories.

God is so good. We';ve had great weather and safe travels, food, shelter, and of course wonderfully happy times with each other and other friends. Praise be to Him for His grace, love, peace, mercy, and joy! May you feel and enjoy Him today!

4 comments:

  1. Say hello to your dear mom.

    God bless.

    Grace and peace,
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are having such a wonderful time and that Mom and A. Glenda are able to visit you. Seth comes this Saturday and I am looking forward to that and to you and Mom coming home too! This is going to be a great summer after all. I hope you have some pics you can post of your adventures! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad u guys are having so much fun i can't find the address for mary's blog do u have it dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary's blog is http:/brittonsinUganda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete