Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Book Club update

Well, I´m not much of a book club leader. I finished Blue Like Jazz in 2 days, staying up till 3am finishing it. So if you cannot stay up late, I recommend waiting till you can.
I totally enjoyed the book and will probably read it again sometime soon. It is laugh out loud hilarious and deeply thought provoking usually in the same chapter. I went through most of the people I know and couldnt think of one person who wouldnt like it for one reason or another. Whether conservative, liberal, Christian or non, democrat or republican. Let me know what you think if you do pick it up. I wrote a lot of quotes in my journal and was going to put them here but i forgot my camera. Otro dia.
I also was so excited to meet Jesus last night. Amber and i went to the hardware store and he finaly showed up after they paged him. We saw another missionary there tht Amber knows and he knows Jesus too! No seriously, he goes to the states for weeks at a time to work with churches and so speaks pretty good english. He made my day when he asked if i was from here. He said i spoke clearer and faster in spanish than amber, but she still understands ands knows a lot more than me. she does have over a year on me here. So he came over with his wife later and put up my closet and a picture hanging shelf in the living room. Good times!
To close, please pray for the school here and the director. We just finished the 2nd quarter and lost 3 students to other schools. The director is sad but worried too about it. Things are the same otherwise. My moms coming Feb.21st. I think I´ll get to see her for a good 8 hours. She´s coming with friends on a cruise that docks on a honduran island just for the day, so Amber and I are going to drive up to spend the day with her. Yea! or as they say here in Honduras, Cheque! Checkay leckay pancekay!

2 comments:

  1. How can you drive up? I thought it was an island?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee to MOm!!! but so glad that she gets to see you! I know she misses you! and she will have a wonderful time on the cruise.

    ReplyDelete