Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Wednesday

What a slow day. I thought it would never end. I only like Wednsdays because I get 8th and 9th grade out of th way right away in the morning, when usualy they are tired and still asleep, but they did pretty good today. I was so tired by the end of th day. It´s starting to warm up. March is the hottest month of the year, i hear, so it´s getting close.
today 4th grade celebrated Raquel´s bday. it was so fun and cute.Xavier´s mom made the most delicious cake Ive had in a realy long time, especially here. So good and home made. The kids tried to keep it a surprise but when they ask questions like, Do you think we have somthing going on?, to Raquel, it kind of points out that they are trying to hide something. duh. but they are kids. and were so excited. they brought coke, chips and presents. I forgot my camera again so i wanted to write about it before i forgot anything. I let them have coke and dance in the classsroom during lunch. Xavier also brought his radio and cd´s. if only getting them to bring their homework was so easy. Raquel was so sweet. She said she loved this class and was so happy to be in it, as she was twirlign around during lunch. I am glad my kids have such a sense of community and get along so well together. I think that´s why i love working with them and it outweighs the annoying times, like when i have to teach language or phonics. I admit I´m jsut as bored as them
Today after school I walked here to the internet cafe where there seems to be a mosquito convention. I walked faster than the cars, but only because they weren´t moving, because for some reason the city decided to build a huge hole in the ground smack dab in the middle of a four way intersection without lights or stop signs, and huge school busses have to pass through with other cars and the whole space can fit a medium sized truck, that´s it.
Well, tongith Amber and I are having our first adult guests over for dinner. Not that kids don´t count but they don´t feel so formal. I´m really excited to have our friends, Steve and Jeanne White. Steve is the president of Baxter. They are super sweet parent figures to us and a true blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing the difference having kids in the morning vs. having them in the afternoon. I love our rotating schedule (week 1: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
    week 2: 7,1,2,3,4,5,6 and so on) for that very reason. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete