Monday, February 27, 2006

Earthquake!

This is old news now, but this is the first time i've had time to blog about it. Last Sunday, the 19th, I woke up at 1:30am feeling the ground shake and hearing a rumble. I couldn't believe it was an earthquake. I thought i was dreaming that i was in SoCal again! I just laid there awhile, scared for a minute that there would be big aftershocks and waiting to see if Amber would come in screaming for me to save her! But when nothing else happened, I fell back asleep and forgot about it till the next day when people talked about it at school. Then I knew that I wasn't dreaming. In a weird way, it was kind of cool becuase it did make me feel at home! oh happy day! I didn't even know they had earthquakes in Honduras. I guess I shouldn't so readily admit that since I am a geography teacher. I'm supposed to know where all those plate thingy's are. It originated in Nicaragua and was felt in El Salvador too. No serious problems occured that I know of. Just something to blog about.

1 comment:

  1. WOW I dread those things! Glad all is well and you are okay!

    ReplyDelete