Thursday, January 12, 2006

And finally...




Did I mention there are Taco Bell's in Guate? Well, there are 2 that I know of, and we went to one and let's just say that that's the day I started with my sickness. You can't say you're surprised! I don't have any great pictures of that, of our excursion to Taco Bell, that is, not that you'd want to see them.

The first pic is of pretty much the whole of Beto's family just before I left to return to Honduras. He has 7 brothers and sister, 3 of which are married with kids.

There's me enjoying ice cream after being sick and hardly eating anything fun for 5 days. And the funky looking church I like where Beto graduated from High School.

Well, thank you all for your support and prayers. I am doing much better since I went to Baxter's free clinic and got some meds. I still havn't been brave enough to have coffee, my favorite drink, but I see that special day of my first sip again on the horizon. yippee!!!

Tomorrow completes the first week back to school and it went really well, and fast. I feel less stress because of the better living situation and only having to walk 5 minutes to school. Everyday we pray in class, and starting Monday I'm going to introduce memorizing a Bible verse each month. Pray that the kids will "hide God's word in their hearts" and let it grow them spiritually throughout their lifetimes.

Please pray for guidance as I search for another avenue of ministry come Summer. I am excited about the possibilities.

Much love and prayers to you all! and Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. Was it the coffee?

    Looks like you're having fun?

    May God open a new door for you as you continue to minister to the good people of Honduras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you are feeling better and on your way to recovering! Does the Taco Bell there taste the same as here? because you know that could be the problem!! HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura,
    What are some of the possibilities for new work after the school year finishes?
    Loved the urinal!
    David Cron

    ReplyDelete