Saturday, January 28, 2006

Pineapple...Pina

I’d like to share something that happened to me yesterday that I’m proud of. Really, I don’t have anything for which to take credit. I wasn’t knowledgeable, just took a lucky guess, pure and simple. Amber and I were in the grocery store. She hollered, “You like pineapple?” “Yes, I do!” “Well”, she asked, “do you know how to tell which one’s are good?” “No, not really, but this one looks good. It’s not too green or too yellow.” Since neither of us was sure, we each asked someone else nearby, she to an employee and I to a fellow “pina” buyer like ourselves. Turns out, I was right. Now I can chalk that skill up there with knowing how to tell if a watermelon is good. Go Speaks, go Speaks! Whoop, whoop! Any who, if you want to buy a pineapple, get one that’s not too green or too yellow. Just yellow enough, know what I mean? Good luck, cuz that’s all it is when it comes to buying fruit.
Note: the picture of the prized pineapple is in another blog. sure you can find it.

2 comments:

  1. Now can you find out how to cut one? That always intimidates me so much that I don't buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ask your dad, he knows how to cut one

    ReplyDelete