Thursday, August 31, 2006

Thursday

Well, miracles of all miracles, we did have school on WEdnesday. The road was fine and we were acutally very surprised that we actualy made it up the hill. I wasn't mentally prepared at all but the day went fine. I'd stayed up the night before until 1am reading a good book, with a flashlight even after the electricity went out at about 11:30 during a storm. Yesterday, the same day, we had a long meeting after school and it started pouring for about an hour and didnt stop. The thunder was right over us. So we waited it out. Since the bus couldn't come back up the hill for us we, all 16 or so of us, piled into one mini van and a pickup.
Last night I went to the missionaries house with the other gringo teachers for dinner and Bible study. It was great.
I have picutres that i'll send later of a couple nights ago when we had breakfast for dinner in my apartment. It was a lot of fun. After we found out we didn't have school on Tuesday I felt like cooking a good, big celebratory breakfast, but since some of us had already eaten, we had it for dinner.
Tonight the staff is all going out for a welcome dinner at the best restaurant in town, but it's cheap...about $5 per person including drinks!
More later. Gotta go get ready. Just know I am enjoying my job for once and love my second graders. The first graders will have to grown on me.

1 comment:

  1. send a picture of that(the first graders growing on you).

    ReplyDelete