Saturday, September 02, 2006

Pancakes and Opalaca´s






Here are some pics from two eatings of which I was a part, and a beautiful picture I took from my front porch today. Now it´s raining but I am blessed to have this wonderful internet cafe here that is quick, uploaded all my pictures at once very fast today, and serves wonderful drinks, sweets, ice cream, and the people are super friendly. They usually have a good movie on and I can read the paper. Anywho, I digress. The day we didn´t have school last week because of mud, the other teachers I live with and I decided to have breakfast for dinner. Kenny is holding a plate full of yummy food, and in the other Josh looks mad but he likes his picutres that way I guess. The other two pics are of all the school staff at Opalaca´s restaurant for the welcome ¨slash¨(I can´t find it on this keyboard) August birthday celebration. It is the best restaurant in town, where Beto took me when he was here, and it´s named after the mountain range we are in. IT´s also owned by the father of one of my second graders.
I´m learning a lot here. I still havnt found a place that sells butter...i´ll have to stock up in teguc next time I go. It is rainy season and Sept. is the rainiest month. I have learned now to wash my clothes outside on the washboard and hang them up on the line. They get a needed extra rinse in the rain. I thought living in Teguc was a stretch, but now I find myself missing it, longing for it, and already making a list of all the things I´m going to bring back when I go to visit!
The school year is going well so far and I feel so blessed to be a part of this place with the people I´ve met. Thanks so much for all your prayers. Please continue to pray for Beto and his job situation, and that I many more people in this town and at the school will come to know Jesus and be saved!
Blessings to you all!
I John 3.18

1 comment:

  1. why don't they have butter? hee hee, that huge paragraph you wrote and thats all I have to say about it, "wheres the butter"

    ReplyDelete