Thursday, September 28, 2006

Washing, P.E. with Mr. Beto, and Bible Day





First, I´m sorry for not writing in so long. I finally have time, money, and a good computer place that actually will upload my fotos. The first couple pics are from the combined service among different evangelical churches in the city on ¨Bible Day¨. A cool day that is actually recognized country wide, like Day of Prayer. Our church was there. Another church put on a play with a song and first there was a parade, but at 8am and very long, and I had already marched in the parade on Independence Day (more fotos later). One parade a year is sufficient.

In the other picture you see Beto teaching P.E. at Southwest!!! That´s right! He´s got a job here in La Esperanza teaching P.E. and painting murals etc. at my school 3 days a week, teaching Bible at another school called Nuevo Mundo that is owned by a lady that´s on the leadership committee at Southwest (the other 2 days). and he´s helping the pastor at our church by preaching and helping with the youth group. He lives in the same apt. complex as all of us gringos and the two Belgium girls that just arrived. It´s a awesome and quick answer to prayer. Thank you all of you who prayed!!!
And finally there´s me washing my clothes, a not so fun Saturday activity, but that´s life.

More blogs later! Everything´s going great!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,
    I've been enjoying getting caught up on your blog. I feel like I just haven't been able to keep up with everything the last few weeks, but maybe I'm getting my head above water now.
    Anyway, that's fantastic that Beto is there now!
    More later,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that Beto is there!! I want to know more about washing clothes there and how it's done. It looks there is a big vat of water or something there. Do you scrub on a washboard? I don't know why I am just really curious about that. Thanks for sharing the fotos!!

    ReplyDelete