Tuesday, August 29, 2006

NO school...road day

well this may not come as a shock to most of you but there wasnt any school today. the road , the only road to school, was being repaired and they say it´ll be finished by the end of today but i doubt it. even if it is done we really shouldn´t drive on it so as not to damage it further. they stripped the surface to repair it and put in a new one so if we drive on it it won´t be sturdy enough yet. it´s better that we stayed home. i´ve been on parasite meds since Sunday and havn´t been feeling well. This morning I got up late and decided to stay home about 15 minutes later than the others in the apt. complex who took the earlier bus. I was going to take the late bus, but it still gets to school on time. As I´m eating my breakfast back into the gate they walk and say ¨Guess What, Laura, school´s been canceled!´¨ I asked, ¨am I allowed to give a shout for joy?¨ ¨Yes,¨they said, so i did. And about 2 hours later I took about a 2 hour nap because I was feeling really crummy. One of the many side effects of the meds is making you feel worse with the same symptoms that you had before! But tonight I take my last pill. Thank goodness.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura. No school for us tomorrow due to the arrival of Tropical Storm / Hurricane Ernesto.

    ReplyDelete