Sunday, June 04, 2006

Praise and Prayer

Second blog in one day...that's a rarity.
My laptop gets internet! I'm at home and I don't know how long it will last. This is a misc. blog of "afterthoughts" and important praise and prayer requests.
The first praise, and not in order of importance, is that I have internet in my house. But you already knew that.
The second is that I'm all settled in and had a good day today. I wasn't feeling well on the plane because I'd stayed up late and got up early with the family everyday. I couldn't really sleep on the plane and was soo hungry because the only place to buy food at the terminal in LAX was the duty free shop and all they sold was chocolate, and expensive at that! So by the time I got home and had only eaten a slice of banana bread on the plane (it was pretty good for airline food) i just had to lay down. Beto took me out for Pizza Hut and of course I felt much better. I unpacked. I (mom) had to pay $25 for being overweight (my bags, not me) which I think is a ripoff but we were too tired and rushed to move things from one bag to another. But I just had to bring my juicer! Remember, don't put all your clothes in one bag. Balance two bags with heavy and light things.
Anywho, I mentioned Beto came to the airport. Amber was translating for a preacher at her church this morning. Poor Beto got to the airport at 8:30 this morning and I didn't see him until 11. I told him my plane landed at 9:30 but that was before the time change, so we didn't land till 10:30, then I had to get off the plane, go thru customs, and wait for my bags, etc.



Finally, 2 important prayer requests. Most of you know my sister Mary and her family moved to Uganda for 18 months to be missionaries. They left last night about 5 hours before I did. Please pray for their safety, for all God wants for them, and for a smooth transition with their 3 kids.
Second, pray for my oldest nephew Seth. His family left Long Beach yesterday to spend time with my brother-in-law's family in San Diego. While Seth was playing basketball he somehow ran into an RV and suffered a 2 inch deep gash in his head. He had 6 stitches under the skin and staples on top. Please pray for a quick, painless recovery and that there be no long term repercussions. With God all things are possible!

1 comment:

  1. been praying for Seth and Mary both

    pray for seth to make the right decision,,,,,,thinking about movin out to so cal which I would LOVE but pray that he moves in the right decision

    ReplyDelete