Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Let's get spiritual

Ever have a very unspiritual day, or week, or year?
These last two weeks back at school has been...an adventure. It only took 2 days to raise my stress level back up to where it was before I went on vacation at home. It was great to see my kids again at school, and that's where the greatness begins and ends. This week was "recuperations" for the students who didn't pass certain classes. They leave at 12 and from then till 3 we teachers make recuperation tests, fill out countless forests of legal paperwork and other fun things.
The other day I sat on my couch thinking how unspiritual I have become, which would mean in the past I have been spiritual, which could constitute pride, which cancels out any spirituality I may have thought I had. Are you following me, cuz this would be very difficult to translate into Spanish it's hard enought to read in english. and i was thinking that I had a year full of frustration, arguments and ill feelings (to put it politely) toward my boss, and wondering why I didn't get out when I had the chance. I've felt like a prisoner there this week.
So I sat on my couch at home the other day thinking all of this, and how really what makes me worthy of Jesus' love for me? What if I had had a "spiritual" year, or what I would define as that? I'd feel pretty good about myself, closer to God. Not to say that I wouldn't have sinned, but I would have been pretty pompous about it I think. Now God has drawn me closer to Him and this has allowed me to see just a glimpse of His grace, which is sufficient.

3 comments:

  1. hey, hey, hey!!!! how are you? i hope well. i enjoy reading your blog so much! i can't wiat to be back with you 2! (FYI- i am coming back July 14). Hasta Pronto! Dios le bendiga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you look at things! Gives me lots to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura Laura Laura...I have been feeling the same way, for different reasons.
    I call it a "funk". Do you think that it's maybe because vacations are so fun, and you can forget about "real life" for awhile, then you eventually have to face up to things when you go back?
    I felt the same way when I came home!
    Love you girl~
    Amy

    ReplyDelete