Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Jovenes en Camino

















Today I worked with Amber and a group from Tennessee and Oklahoma at Jovenes en Camino, or Children in The Way. Sounds better in Spanish. We got ready to pour cement to make a loading dock behind the kitchen. Some of you may remember another blog many moons ago from Jovenes. It's a Church sponsored boys' home for street kids/orphans that houses about 60 boys now. It is a wonderful ministry. I only wish we'd had more interaction with the boys today. That's one thing that tires me lately working with the groups is the lack of interaction with people. I had alot of that when I translated but we went through patients so quickly. I do miss being with my kids at the school.
Today the group barely got some rebar down and spent most of the day just preparing to lay cement. Please pray for the groups that are in Tegucigalpa right now, all together about 3, and more to come, especially in July. For their safety and growth as a group, and for the evangelistic efforts in all the different communities in the surrounding area. Pray for our house, we have about 14 visitors. We are happy to house them, but pray for good attitudes and all that.

2 comments:

  1. I have to copy what Greg said on another post, those days in mexico buildling houses has payed off your you now. Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll pray for all of groups coming your way. Greg took me over to you parent's home to pray with your Dad. I enjoyed seeing your Mom and meeting your Dad. God bless.

    ReplyDelete