Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Ouch!

My parents have a high tub/shower. I always have to be conscious of lifting my foot up extra high, like doing a reverse back-kick, when I get out of it so as not to bang my foot/feet. we have sliding doors that slide on a metal track, and we have to be careful not to cut or jam our toes in there either.

Today I was hardly half awake, let alone thinking with my conscious mind, when I wickedly banged my right foot on the metal track while exiting the tub.

Not only did my mom hear me scream from where I was in the back to where she was in the front of the house, but she first heard the thud of my foot hitting the tub.
It made me think(because by then I was awake!) how fleeting life is. Now, I know this is no big deal compared to what so many people are going through today, but it did make me think that we never know what can happen to us. We go through life, years sometimes without any major accidents, and then out of nowhere something happens to alter our lives dramatically all of a sudden, without warning.
It's a wake up call of sorts, and today for me a tiny reminder, that I shouldn't take anything in life for granted, and that I also have nothing to complain about.

and of course, a simple reminder to lift my foot up extra high.

May you be accident free for many years to come!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it's time for a garden tub. It is amazing how quickly life can change with one incident.

    ReplyDelete