Monday, August 06, 2007

Hanging out with family






Lately I've been spending a lot of time with my family and it's been really great.

Last week Shelby spent at my parent's house and we had a lot of fun. Saturday she got up early with me to hunt used books at yard sales. I rewarded her with a sugary fruit drink from Starbucks, but she had all day to work it off, so all was good.

I have enjoyed seeing my brother in law and sister, but i'm sad that he left for 3 weeks because of his job so I won't get to see him till December.

This morning on the way to It's a Grind I saw two friends who worked with me in Watts. They were driving next to us, and I knew they were going to their usual spot...Starbucks, so we ended up going there instead to visit with them a few minutes.

I love when God puts people in your path like that and does "little" things to bless us and remind us of His presence and love.

May you feel that today!

3 comments:

  1. Haven't commented in a long while ... about as long as it was since you last commented on my blog! ... but I wanted you to know I was here and catching up. So good to see you, even if just for a moment, the other day at or former house. you'll always be one of my very favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still smiling over our God appointed meeting on Sunday morning! Wasn't that great? Laura hanging out the car window making faces at us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you home and enjoying the family and "drive-by" friends. Say hello to your Mom for us.

    ReplyDelete