Friday, March 03, 2006

TGIF

Well, it's Friday. I usually don't blog unless I have something really interesting to say, but after just reading Greg's blog, I'm inspired to use my break at school for something productive.
this week went by super fast. On Tuesday in Fourth grade I started class with prayer and the Bible verse, then told them to get out their reading books. "No, Miss! It's Wednesday! We have art!"
"Noooooooooooo", I said, "wait. Really? It's wednesday? Wow! Ok, I need to go, then." And off I went, gaining a whole day in a little less than 5 seconds. That was a nice treat.
Friday's are pretty easy going at school. Lot's of tests. And i take the school bus to Baxter in the afternoon where I teach a private english class from 4-6pm for about 4-5 married students It's pretty low-key and keeps me in touch with my friends there. They are so eager to learn and it's a lot different than teaching 4th, 7th, 8th, or 9th, because they asked ME to teach it. They really want to be there and are paying for it themselves, so they want to invest.

Problems at school...well, where do I begin? or do I even try to start? Maybe I should just write about the good things going on. Well, I love my students and am going to miss them after the year's over in June. Only about 3 more months to go. Amazing! I like that it's close to home and my schedule is very manageable. About the problems, let's jsut say I've had a couple "jerk days" with my director, as Greg blogged about recently, but honestly, I've been debating the last few days whether i truly have reason to apologize. She teaches the preschooler's to chant "SHAME ON YOU!" when one of them does something "bad". I know how that may sound, that I'm debating about saying sorry, but I feel like my words were true to her and that I can't just sit back and watch injustice be done to students and teachers. I know i need to say sorry, however, for some actions. It's so hard though when the other party is for sure at fault too, but I am reminded in my conscience that God doens't say to seek restitution if the person deserves it, or if you've been wronged too. Dang, that's a tough one!

let's just say I can't wait till June arrives, though I will miss my students a lot. I am praying now about future opportunities. This summer I plan to work with the U.S. groups that come down on short term mission trips, translating and helping build houses or whatever they need help with.

A couple days ago Beto informed me that his pastor where he's working was heading to the States and asked for my "curriculum" to present to a church, I don't know where exactly, to see if they could sponsor us. So depending on how that goes, I may be working here in Tegucigalpa at a Church of Christ downtown with women and the youth alongside Beto come this summer, for about a year or so. And I'll be able to stay in our house with Amber.

It's good to know there are other doors opening and to feel God's presence. Even when I feel lonely, depressed, frustrated, something comes through reminding me that GOD REALLY DOES LISTEN! Why is that always a revelation for me?

Now I am thinking of a ton of things to blog, but I should've written more often. I will try to make more of an effort to blog more, because little uninteresting things can be turned into good blogs.

Happy reading. Have a great weekend! and thanks for all your prayers and thoughts. Love and blessings to you all!

2 comments:

  1. awwww the only thing I got from this was you are staying there longer than I want you to!! WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

    ReplyDelete