Saturday, March 04, 2006

¨Good thing you´re pretty¨...some would say

This morning I blog just after the fact, but will post it whenever I get the chance.
This morning is Saturday, March 04, 2006, 7:29am. Hmmm…7:29. I should be waking up right about now. But somehow I accidentally set my alarm clock an hour ahead last night. It was about midnight at the time. I thought it was funny when, after I set my alarm for 7:20am, my clock read 1:01 am. But I was too tired(and dumb) to think that one doesn’t come after 11:59 on a clock.

So that leads to this morning. Enter alarm ringing at 7,er,6:20am. Gosh, I feel a little groggy. Why is it that when I have the opportunity to sleep in, I just “get up” at 6:30 (the REAL 6:30), BUT when I can’t sleep in I feel like I could’ve slept till nine.

Oh well. I got ready and entered the kitchen at 6:56 to make coffee. I even looked at the clock and when I saw the time, I thought, “Oh, good, it’s not as late as I thought.” This morning I’m meeting Beto at 8:30, so I need to leave the house at 8:15. Still, however, I’m thinking, I have a good 15 minutes to eat breakfast.

A few minutes later, I’m sitting in the living room talking with amber. I’m STARING at the clock on the VCR and FINALLY realize, it reads 7:15. Wait. 7:15? SEVEN fifteen???
? What the…?

“Amber, it’s only 7:15?”

(laughter by her) “Yup.”

“Wait. I have a whole hour till I have to leave?”

“Yea. I thought it was weird when you where going to leave an hour early to go get a taxi.”

(laughter by me) “Oh my word! You mean I have another hour till I have to leave?!”

“Yup. I thought it was funny when I told you I just automatically got up at 6:45, and you groaned, ‘oh, I’m sorry’. I’d only been up for 5 minutes at that point.”

“Yea. True.” (more laughter)

Comments are ok, but please be nice. And have a nice day. However early you may have gotten up.

3 comments:

  1. I often feel the same way! I got up at 5:30 this morning as Charles had to leave for drill. Took a shower, played on the computer, then went back to bed at 6:15. only to be woken by a phone call at 7:00 a.m. went back to bed til 8:30....I think I need a nap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Laura!
    I just found your blog after losing you for a few months! Last night a bunch of us got together at Peking Wok in Cerritos to celebrate Ray's years with WCS. I thought of you!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. One year I gave Greg our departure time from Orlando as the arrival time in LAX!

    Greg - do you still love me?

    ReplyDelete