Thursday, March 09, 2006

Another Crazy day in LA...and I'm not even there!

I’m sitting here at my computer watching LIVE KTLA on cable about the kidnapping suspect on the 710 FWY. Ah, home sweet home. In a way it’s really great to be watching the story, but at the same time, does it have to be this kind of news? Long Beach, 710 FWY. I mean, I get made fun of enough here being the only Californian. My trailmix addiction doesn’t help.
This robot they’re using is so interesting. Anywho, hello everyone. I feel a little bit more conneted to you all in LA now, although in a weird way. Wow, look at all those SWAT vehicles. They’re trying to talk to the suspect with a phone from the robot, and they can see him through a camera. They had to shut down both sides of the FWY for this idiot. Boy, do I miss home! Ah but it’s kinda cool to see such a familiar place. When I lived in Watts, that was my ‘hood.
I certainly can’t say I’m surprised that this is happening.
“Maybe this guy doesn’t play by the rules because he has tinted windows and that’s illegal in California.”, says the newscaster. DER! You think?! How ‘bout the fact that he’s a kidnapping suspect and hasn’t cooperated with the SWAT team all day! That might be the first clue that he doesn’t play by the rules. “And is there pressure for the SWAT team to hurry and wrap things up?” Does she have to ask that? I mean, isnt’ that obvious? Gosh, I sure do miss intelligent news stories by people who be talkin’ the enlgish.
Sorry. I started out just “excited” to see a story from home, but now it’s become a little cynical. But I’m sure some of you will agree with me. Ray, were you stuck on the 710 when this happened? Hope not.
You know what gets me? You know on CNN, there’s the headlines that move across the bottom of the screen. Well, stories of entire villages in danger of being wiped out by disease are just an example that apparently aren’t as important as this suspect in CA. This is world healine news, on CNN! And everyone is having to hear about this mess! Ay ay ay!

No comments:

Post a Comment