Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Feliz Cumpleanos a mi!






It's true...my "Golden Birthday" was on Monday...I turned 27 (gasp!) on the 27th. My 4th graders had a "surprise" party for me (they talked about it in spanish right in front of me and thought I didn't understand). They were so funny. They asked what class we had aftre lunch because they wanted to prepare during lunch and have the party afterwards. They kicked me out of the classroom at lunch, then one of them came downstairs to tell me that one of hte others "needed to talk to me". When I arrived in the classroom, they'd decorated with pink "Quincenera" balloons (they say I look 15). They could've opened their own pulperia (small store run from someone's house) with all the candy, chips, gum, etc. they brought. One girl and her mom made the traditional "tres leches" cake complete with cherries on top, with Pepsi and popcorn to boot! In the picture they are playing "don't let the balloon touch the floor" game. I had as much fun watching them as they did playing, though I did play a little.

After school Beto took me to lunch. We had a lot of fun, and after lunch we got coffee...mmmm. That's the pretty plate he bought me.

Later Amber took me out for a nice Italian dinner and talked on her cell phone the whole time! sheesh! No, not really.

Anyway, it was a really nice day even though I missed being with my family. I gotta give props to my sister Glenda and her family and my parents (woop woop!) who called me, which was really nice. Thanks to everyone too who tried to call and couldn't get through, and who sent me cards and such. Love you mucho!

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to hear your voice and I love that Amber rushed to you the phone not knowing who we were but hey we were speaking english so must be someone from home LOL!! It was really really great to hear your voice though. The plate Beto bought you is beautiful!! Can't wait to see you in May!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete