Monday, March 20, 2006

2 sermon Sunday...

Stay tuned for fotos...blogger being difficult...

Boy, what an eventful weekend. Saturday, I worked at the school from about 8-11 in the morning, finishing up typing final exams and tutoring one second grader in reading. He had just finished karate class and was very ancy. I had to take the “swivel chair on wheels” away from him pretty much right away.
Sunday, Beto was invited to preach at another church in the city, so we met at the local mall at 8 and then first went to meet our friends who go to the church because we didn’t know where it was. We waited about an hour in the very hot sun until finally we got on the bus or we would’ve been very late to church. As we were sitting down I see our friends walking towards the bus. They’d been waiting for us around the corner, more or less, for about 30 minutes. We rode the buss about 15 minutes, and then had to walk about 20 minutes to the church. Let’s just say Beto and I would’ve never found it on our own! Never! I got a good picture of the hill we walked up, but the picture of the actual church didn’t come out for some reason.
I took an antihistamine (sp?) this morning before I left the house. I’ve been having allergy problems from the weather changes here. I felt great until Beto got up to preach, and then I literally couldn’t keep my eyes open. I actually got up in the middle of church and asked his friend if there were any beds in the kids’ classrooms. The medicine hit me all at once. I felt so bad, but it was all I could do to just sit up! Later I told Beto why I looked like I was sleeping during his sermon. Later, at our church, I was able to take a nap on a pew since we got there early, so I didn’t’ have trouble staying awake there.
After he preached about fathers, (today is Father’s Day here), we skipped out so we could make it to our church on time. He preached there today too about the spiritual gifts, roles of ministers, and that we all are ministers in the church.
Afterwards, the youth group did an act about the leper healed by Jesus who Jesus tells to present himself to the priest. It went really well. He wrote and directed it, and played a part in it.
After church, as we were walking, we caught a great shot of the new presidential flag of Honduras. Our new president was just sworn in in January. We actually had a day off for the inauguration, and I heard rumors that Castro, yes, from Cuba, was going to come because apparently he’s buddy buddy with our new president, Mel. But I don’t think he made it. Encouraging that they are friends though, eh?
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Pray this week for all the students taking their 3rd quarter final exams. Only one quarter left!
Finally, please continue to pray for the next step God wants us to take this summer after my job is done. There are opportunities out there for mission work in churches of Christ. I will keep you updated.
Love you all! Bendiciones a todos!

No comments:

Post a Comment