Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Three posts in one...oops, nevermind

I´ve had a list next to the computer for days of three different things I want to blog about. But I think since I´m eating my baleada and have to go work, like, now, I´ll mention all three here since I don´t think each one will be too long.

ONE
Last week I finally made an orange bread, which is beto´s favorite and he´d been hinting that he wanted one for actually a couple of months. But I put it off because I´ve been making a lot of banana bread with all of the approximately 50 bananas that went brown from the bunch of about 100 that we bought on the side of the road in ¨monkey country¨, as the locals call it, or something like that,  about a month and a half ago coming back  from Tegucigalpa.
Plus, I have to grate orange peel and squeeze the juice fresh by hand, and I really don´t look forward to that.

So as another hint he bought ¨essence of orange¨.  Yes, he does most of the shopping while I´m at work. It´s the only time it can get done.

So I made some orange bread with the essence using an online recipe, but the online recipe called for real OJ.  So I guessed at the amount of ¨essence¨....that word is starting to sound like the name of a cheap perfume.  Let´s just say that the bread was NOT EDIBLE.  Our dogs wouldn´t even eat it. I don´t know if Beto ever even tried it because it wasn´t even at all attractive!  It didn´t cook enough in the middle and of course, didn´t really taste ¨orangy¨

and all this got me thinking...what happens when we put ¨the essence of...¨in our lives instead of The Real Thing, AKA Jesus?  How do we turn out? Not quite done on the inside.  Unattractive...at least to those who have already tasted of The Real Thing.  But hear me out...let me take this analogy further...NOT unloveable or unwanted, ok?  Something ¨unedible¨or unusable I should say in this sense.
I know I put a lot of ¨essences of...peace, or joy, or even love¨ in my life, in my heart, my mind and what happens? I don´t turn out very peaceful, or joyful, or loving!

Only ¨the Real Thing¨ is what I want.

¨YOU GOT THE RIGHT ONE BABEEEEEEEE....UH HUH UH HUH....¨
Sorry, couldn´t resist....

so number one turned out longer than expected.  Two other topics after work...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment