Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Second thing...and the third

So I didn´t think I´d have time so soon to write about the Second Thing but my second job called to say ¨Come later¨.  So I´m at home for a few more minutes.

I´m going to combine the second and third.  On my notepad I wrote ¨Candy when hungry¨and ¨no food or money¨.  And I put them in quotes on my notepad because ¨hungry¨will relate also to spiritual hunger and ¨no food or money¨ was a little extreme because we actually did have SOME food and money.

I was just thinking the other day about how sometimes when I´m really really hungry I eat candy. And at the moment it suffices, but not in the long run. It´s not real food and it doesn´t satisfy...despite Snickers´claims. And that´s how it is in my spiritual life. When I´m really really hungry spiritually many times I try to ¨fill up¨ on spiritual candy.  For me that´s Christian spanish music on the radio, or watching a ¨Baby Faith¨video with Santi. But really what I need is something to really fill me...the Presence of Jesus, being in His Word and praying and meditating. These all sound very spiritual and I certainly don´t do them everyday or everyweek or sometimes not even for a month.

But then I don´t funciton very well, just like physiclaly when all I eat is candy.  I get tired and cranky and my family doesn´t want to be around me.  But give me a good meal? Well, and they do want to be around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment