Tuesday, March 29, 2011

the Third One...finally

Now I´ll tell a little stroy about how we had ¨no food or money¨ .

Beto and I, I don´t like to brag, but we´ve always been pretty good with keeping a budget, and most importantly, God is always faithful and never leaves us without!

But this month we had Santi´s birthday and in Honduras we celebrated Father´s Day, plus just some other surprises that cost us more than we anticipated. AND, we had also started a separate savings account. Very good.
So last week we were out of ¨in pocket¨cash and the checking account was low.  We knew we´d have to wait about 5 more days to have cash in hand.  There was ham, eggs, meat, beans, rice, and tortillas.  But I tend to see what we don´t have..cheddar cheese, sliced bread, butter, fruit and veggies. So in my mind, we had ¨no food¨.

PERSPECTIVE...many people here, including the family that we do a lot of ministry with, don´t have running water nor ever the money to buy a luxury item like say, a watermelon.

After a day like today when the electricity goes off, on,off,on,off,on,etc. I have to breathe and remember that a lot of people in this area NEVER have electricity.
And I´m so thankful for our blessings that allow us to be able to celebrate special days.

but I think my husband said it well the other day when we were talking about this.  I had posted something on Facebook about it and the next day my mom called worried, mentioning that other people were asking about us, and that she´d deposited some money for my birthday and I HAD to use it, for fun!!!
Beto said, ¨We should post at least once a month then something about being low on funds. Good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment