Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Birthday!

Yes, it´s true. I turned 32 yesterday! Exactly two weeks after Santi´s birthday.  This means I´m going to try to not have any more kids in the month of March. Two birthdays are enough money spent in one month!

But it was nice. At church every week the ladies´ministry raffles off some item.  It might be a jewelry box, a lunch, or in this case, a cake with a bottle of coke.  Envelopes are passed out to everyone and the minimum is 20 lempiras, or about $1, and whoever puts in the most money wins the item.  All of these events are to raise money for the church to buy the property they´re currently using from the mission. So to my surprise, Beto won the cake and coke! Afterwards we invited some friends over, and after they went home full of sugar Beto took me out to a new restaurant in town that was, eh, pretty good, but after we got home I was sick so now I have a bad taste in my mouth for that place, so to speak.
 but I think it´s from a parasite that´s been there for at least a week, but that´s for another post.
After dinner we rented a movie, ¨Due Date¨.  I think I´m starting to really like that actor Zack something or other with the funky greek last name. Anyways, renting ¨new¨movies here is like our biggest form of entertainment. woo hoo!Here´s some pics from the big day. Hold on, this should only take about 2 hours..

Beto lighted the candles about 5 minutes before I actually blew them out b-c Santi disappeared into his room and we were waiting for him to get his drum.  So yea, there was some hot wax on the cake, but I think it got picked off. I think...
the tradition here after singing the birthday song is to sing ¨And now we want cake! And now we want cake! Although it´s just a little piece, now we want cake. And Coka Cola too! And for the old folks, cafe!¨ And they all sang that first! So then I told them they can´t just come to my house demanding cake and coke and coffee...which we didn´t have b-c honestly, do any of us look like ¨old folks¨? ! So here they´re singing me a nice birthday song. 

three ¨electricity´s out¨candles, then we added the number 2 candle from Santi´s party. Get it??? 3-2?




Santi had a bad cold

trying not to laugh at the ridiculous photo shoot. Beto took about 8 pictures on this chair from that same spot and I admit, I wanted them to come out ¨artsy¨. 


a man and his sunday paper. although this was saturday´s paper, but he was reading it on a sunday. 

My steak. eh, it was ok. 

Beto´s shrimp. He really liked it.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment