Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Santi´s birthday weekend...and beyond!

¨Surprise!¨His first gift given by one of my student´s families. It´s a ¨cat¨tractor with a ¨drill¨.  
Saturday night we attended a wedding reception.  Here is Santi with one of his favorite people, the sister of the groom. 
The groom with my boys.
Bride and Groom
¨aaa...I love parties!¨
Mmm...good chicken!
first view on his 2nd birthday!
He had just woken up, but he´s excited!
More rehab center graduates Sunday morning
Santi´s invites hangin out.
On the back patio. thanks to Miguel and Jorge for all the cleaning! and to Beto too!
Santi´s teaching Rhonda how to bow and say ¨arigato!¨
Pooh got plundered
My ski hat was the best way to cover the eyes for the older kids.
One kid found this chick by our chicken coop but when he tried to put it in the coop the other chickens only wanted to peck it to death.  We kept it one night but Monday morning Santi accidentally stepped on it and it is now buried in the back yard.  RIP little chicky
Sunday morning Miguel told us that his birthday is the 14th, so we celebrated his too. I quickly added his name to an extra cake I´d made. 
rhonda, Santi´s godmother. Besides me, she labored the hardest when Santi was born. She went 24 hours without sleeping and held my hand for 12 while I squeezed the life out of it every two minutes during my contractions.  she will always be a special part of our lives and especially of Santi´s birthdays.  She tried to get his attention here but obviously he can only think about the cake.
Santi still focused on the cake.
Everybody!
Ok, now everybody with JOrge
Santi with his ¨Uncle¨Daniel.  He´s half Guatemalan too!
The ¨after party¨ 
Showing off his new underwear, socks, and drum.
Monday morning we walked over to our friend´s house in progress and prayed for them.  What a beautiful day!
Making ¨thank'you¨notes
Beto having fun

1 comment:

  1. Such adorable pictures Laura. I really love the one of you two making thank you notes. I hope he had a great birthday, it sure looks like it! I love the one where you are on the floor and Santi has his new underwear on playing his new drum. And thank you Beto for Santi's new mustache. I love your family!!!

    ReplyDelete