Thursday, November 23, 2006

Misc. Life pictures



Beto had never licked a beeter in his life! I got the event on film! The dog is our community dog that was left here by a peace-core worker. Long story. The 2 French women who live above me have taken her in. Her name is Nosa and she is the sweetest cutest thing and we all love taking care of her. She goes from apt. to apt. to talk, catch up, and of course, ask for food,and sometimes a cup of coffee.
The scenery picture was taken from the rooftop patio of a nice restaurant we went to recently in town. It was a perfect day. We live ina really beautiful place. It does have its little silly things though, like the man who grills meat every morning at 7:15 am infront of his auto parts store. i see him everyday on the way to school. Or that it's freezing here and no one sells heaters nor owns one. I'm in the internet cafe right now and didnt take off any layers nor my hat when i came in, and the only reason i don't have my gloves on is because i'm typing. but the people and environment and lifestyle here is wonderful. God is so good! I am super super happy here! I am so thankful to be here and that God has allowed Beto and I to work together. Things are going great in our jobs and at our church which we both love. We have alot more pastoral and friend support here than either of us did in Teguc, except I don't have Amber here with me! I miss her! And I do feel like I'm getting a little cabin fever. I haven't been out of this little town since mid-September and my schedule is always the same, but at least we can rent movies in town!

2 comments:

  1. what did you make that Beto got to lick the beaters?

    I liked the comment about the dog and coffee. Reminds me of the lady that works at the laundrymat. I go on Saturday at 6 a.m right when she opens and we chit chat (sometimes she forgets I don't know spanish)
    anywho, she has a chihahua (sp?) and he always has his donut holes, pepsi, and a bowl of coffee with cream!! Then he waits while she puts towels in the dryer and once they are warm she puts them on the floor of the car and he snuggles up into them for his morning nap!!

    No wonder he is so hyper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to precise that it was 2 "Belgians girls" and no 2 "French Women" !

    ReplyDelete