Thursday, November 23, 2006

Coooooooold today!




It's Thanksgiving Day, and I feel like I'm in New York! Of course I've never been in New York during Thanksgiving, but I know it's cold!
This is how we dress now. We had to do necesity shopping this week because I didn't have any warm clothes! This week I've bought 2 beanies, new gloves, 2 jackets, and thick socks. The children are Beto's students during PE today. We had classes in the morning plus Thanksgiving activities. We have tomorrow off and for dinner all the school staff will eat a Thanksgiving meal. Today we performed a program, different classes, for a group of children that came from the local social service program, more or less. they performed a dance and song too, and then we all had lunch together, and a lot of students brought clothes, canned food, and toys to donate to the children. We got to leave at 1pm and beto and i went to rent movies and to a new store that's like a thrift store where i bought more clothes and Beto got a nice jacket. The clothes are nice U..s brands that come mostly from thrift stores in Houston. It was super fun.
all right, my fingers are about frozen. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments: