Friday, October 21, 2005

Apartamentos

no, not mentos the fresh makers, but apartments.
Went looking today with my friend Michelle who is the daughter in the house where I live. She also attends the school where I teach, 8th grade.
She went with b-c i was supposed to meet a man i talked to on the phone about the apts. We were meeting at a gas station and i didnt know what kind of person he was and didnt feel comfy going alone. So I talked to Michelles´dad about it this morning and he said to ask her if she could go. Oh, ok, so if this guy is a raving lunatic, I and your daughter will be killed. Great! But it was fine. WE took the 2minute bus ride(luckily it´s close) to the gasolinera and the guy was a bonified professional. The apt. was cute but too small for the price and too far from the school.
We looked at another which i loooove and has a great view. I need to think about it because it´s not real close to the school and is kind of expensive, for here. The house I´m in now is ok, as in freee, but i don´t have my own private space and sometimes people enter my room when i´m not there, which i find out later.
Today I was talking to Karen, another family member in the house, and just shooting the breeze, asked her how old she is. She showed me her ID and low and behold her bday is today! So Michelle and I bought a pinata and cake while we were out, and we´re all going to have a partay tonight. I´m excited! Also Michelle and I, while we were out, treated ourselves to 50cent smoothies that came in huge glasses like you get a margarita in. NOt that I would know from personal experience, of course, just by watching movies. yea. not that i watch those kind of movies. but you know, i´ve heard, from my pagan friends. yea.
have a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. my first comment on my own blog...no, we´re not effected here by the hurricane wilma, but up north they are. We havnt hardly had any rain. thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be in a hurry about finding an apartment. Maybe you could look for a roommate to share the cost. And find one closer to your work. LOVE YOU!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean like those margaritas MOM had in Palm Springs that one weekend?! WHOA MAMA!
    And hey, I watched those movies WITH you, whaddya talkin' about?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margarita... Isn't that a type of pizza?

    Scott

    p.s. I promise to send you a juicy email sometime this week... when I'm at work!

    ReplyDelete