Friday, July 25, 2008

Unbelievably blessed








It's not often that I feel this way...overwhelmingly blessed, undeservedly really, and humbled as a result, really humbled.
When Beto and I finally did make it home on Tuesday afternoon, I noticed something that was not visible when we moved in...mold, and tons of it. Everywhere, in all the bedrooms, on all the walls and ceilings. It ruined one pillow and the bed was damp, and many of our clothes, backpacks, and shoes were very moldy. That on top of the mental strain of knowing that we are breathing all of that all the time, sleeping with it, was too much. I did not even know where to begin, so I just did not do anything. I was too tired.

That night Beto and I prayed, not knowing how God would answer our prayers or even if He would bring people to help us clean. God is always on time, never makes mistakes, and has all the control.He is amazing and shows us Himself everyday, but it times like this when I really feel Him and see Him answering prayers so quickly.

The next day I was telling the other missionary about the situations and she talked to the group that is here from Ohio right now. The next day, yesterday, the women came over (the men put a new roof on Bob and Kathy's house) and got right to work. Kathy sprayed every inch with bleach water while the others scrubbed and swept. I believe our house will never be so clean again! They stayed all morning and even helped me take down the dry clothes from the line! And one dedicated herself to cleaning all the windows. It was a lot of fun and I cannot even put into words how overwhelmingly blessed we felt...are.

Before they left they prayed over us. I have been on their end a lot in the past, building houses in San Felipe and going on different mission trips. Now I know how much of a blessing the groups really are and how God works in all our lives to change us. Praise Him!

5 comments:

  1. I really needed to hear this today. How God is really on time, HIS time that is...
    I'm so glad your Christian brothers and sisters got right to work to help you two out Laura! Amazing.
    Congrats on you two being accepted also.
    Love you~
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was talking to Cindy today, she is doing better and said to tell you both Hi. She said if you keep fans on and don't put anything next to a wall, floor, etc then you can keep the mold down. You really had a rough week. I looked on the internet and never saw anything about the bus strike, there was lots about a bus strike, but they were last December and another one last year sometime. Glad you are finally home! mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never know what you're going to get with a husband and a dog! Just kidding, of course. Glad you got the help you needed. Mold is dangerous stuff. When we were looking to buy a house, we found one we loved, but there was a couple of places with small patches of mold where mold should not be so we withdrew our offer. Hope the bleach does the job. You might check on getting a mold kit that will tell if you have it in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome that you had all those people show up to help. I hope that it takes care of it and you don't have repeat problems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hoping you are well i hope the mold problem is in check did you have the same problem where you lived before do people you know there have mold problems where they live luv and prayers to you both

    ReplyDelete