Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A surprise extended visit!

Well, we should've called. We knew we should've called but we were running late and we thought, for sure they'll still take off. They are used to all this rain!
I was supposed to fly back to Honduras last night from Tampa. My route has a layover of only one hour in Ft. Lauderdale. The plane did take off from Tampa but too late for me to catch my connecting flight in Ft. lauderdale. I didn't want to spend the night and all day today there alone waiting for the 11pm flight so I got the refund and came back to Dave and Amy's.

I couldn't fly out today becuase everything was already booked. So I can fly out Friday but with thunderstorms here every afternoon I'm bound to have the same problem if I try to fly out at night again, missing my connecting flight. So the only thing they could suggest, if I fly with them (Spirit air, who has great prices but not so great time choices) is to fly out of Tampa at 11am, arrive in Ft.Lauderdale at noon and then wait until 11pm in the airport to catch the flight down to Honduras! So what would be 3.5 hours of total travel time turns into about 15 hours! And anyone who's been in the Ft. Lauderdale airport knows that I'll run out of things to do in about 5 minutes. Now, getting stuck 12 hours in the Houston airport wouldn't be so bad. It'd be bad for my wallet,though, for sure!

So I get to spend a few more days with my family. Beto was disappointed, as am I, but he just said that God always has a reason for what happens and we can rest in that.

2 comments:

  1. Just another of many reasons I absolutely hate to fly these days. If I can't drive it, I'm not interested in the trip, but that's just me. Glad you got to spend some time stateside and that you could see your mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that Amy is super-bummed that you had to stay longer and I bet those nieces and nephews of yours are really upset!! HA HA!! :)

    ReplyDelete