Friday, July 11, 2008

Stateside

This week I'm in the States visiting family, primarily to surprise one for his bday, and also to renew my VISA. It's been a great visit and my mom also came to surprise the family!
The trip here was interesting. Beto went with me and we left our house at about 2:30pm and took the 3:00pm bus up to the airport, which took 3 hours. Good thing we both slept a little because when we got to the airport at about 6:30 we were then sitting there until 12 midnight when I had to walk up to the gate for boarding for my 1am flight.
Beto was left all alone until the first bus back home left at 5am and he got home around 8. My first flight was only 2hours 20 minutes and I slept 2 hours of it.

I had an hour layover but you know by the time you get off the plane, go through customs, go through security again, there's hardly any wait time.

The first thing I noticed was that there was carpet in the airport, everywhere! And becuase of the location I noticed a little kiosk selling some type of Jamaican bread or something. And using the ATM machine prooved a little stressful. I saw way more interesting people than I ever do in La Esperanza. There isn't a lot of variety down there, except during tourist season.

I took my second flight which was only an hour and sat by an eccentric older couple that had matching outfits. When I told them how much I paid for my Spirit air flight I thought they were going to have a heartattack. They said that was too much becuase usually they get them for $9! Well, I did see a good deal a day or two after I already booked my flight, of course. That's how it goes. But in my opinion, I got a deal too good to pass up.

Yesterday we had fun running around, going to my nephew's place of work...a coffee shop! Yes! THen WalMart (today we must hit Target or I will feel a traitor to my own people), a few grocery stores, Blockbuster, Hallmark, well, I won't bore you but it was really exciting for me!

2 comments:

  1. Is the airport open in Tegucigalpa?

    Glad you got to visit family. Travel safe.

    Grace and peace,
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. laura-
    i saw that Nacho Libre was on last night- i think of you sitting on the couch laughing so hard at Amber's house last year- how funny. anyway, hope you have a nice visit in the states and with your family. i know what a blessing it is!
    i don't know tim, but yes, the TGU airport is open but not to commercial large planes yet- but should be shortly.
    have a nice day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete