Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th!

First of all, a personal shout out to Doug and Cynthia! Email me your email!
Well, about the picture from the previous blog, that is a water tank which we are super excited about because we will have water all the time in the house, and hot water in the shower, all the time! This morning we didn´t have water outside in the hose to wash clothes but we think that´s connected to the city line and doesn´t have to do with the tank, so we just wait till it comes, whenever that may be. Another picture shows our clothes sprawled all over the place. That is because most houses here DON´T COME WITH CLOSETS! NOR SHELVES OR CABINETS IN THE KITCHEN. I will have to get used to that and we (Beto and friends) will be building a lot of shelves, etc. Notice in the kitchen there are cabinets underneath which when you open smell like old moldy adobe...oh wait, that´s what it is!

Another interesting note, yesterday when i came to the internet cafe, I noticed something really strange on the ground by the door...one cow´s hoof. Thats´it, just a hoof. I told the girl at the front desk and she went out to see. I thought she´d call animal services(non'existenet) to come clean it up, or the police,or her boss. But no. She just calmly stated, ¨Oh, someone must have just killed a cow.¨ mmmmmm...

On that note, have a wonderful Fourth of July and know that I will be thinking about all of you there in the USA. Watch out for Cow´s hooves at the picnic!

3 comments:

  1. I left a comment that didn't take, so will try again.Glad you have the water tank. In the picture, it looks as though it is just for you house. How is it heated? Interesting about the cow's foot. My Dad and I used to get a jar of pickled pigs feet and eat them.. You're probably saying Yuk! but they have a good taste. It is still possible to buy them in the store. Fond memories of when my Dad and I would get them and "Pig Out". ( Sorry, I couldn't resist the pun). I wonder if their is a receipe to pickle cow's feet. Gotta go. Love and prayers to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey laura!
    i loved reading your blog and catching up with you. hope all is well. i am adjusting back to life in the States but so wish i was still in Honduras, especially this time of the year with all the groups. i don't know when i will be able to come down again but until then i just will read about you and imagine being there! take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OR ... there could be a cow out there making do with just three hooves!

    ReplyDelete