Friday, January 12, 2007

the girl's back in town!

Hey everybody...

Back from a long hiatus. For now a brief summary of the last month or so.

the Christmas program at school went really well. Some of us who stayed late to clean up were abandoned by the bus driver thought and eventually made it home in different cars. We heard later that he was seriously reprimanded by the administration.

My trip home to cali was wonderful! It was a lot colder than I expected, esp. coming from a cold climate. I did a lot of relaxing and having a ton of fun with family and friends. It was bitter sweet to come back to honduras but i feel this is more my home now and was very excited to get back. beto and amber met me at the airport and a few hours later beto and i were on the bus to go back home. My plane trip was great becasue i had a window seat and slept most of the 5 hour flight. we stopped in el salvador and went to the gate printed on my ticket, which was wrong. the workers told me to run to the other terminal because the plane was a bout to leave for honduras! i did run as much as i could with all my carry on(a sax for my principal he ordered online and sent to my parents). i made it just in time, i think i was the last one on the plane. it was only a 30 min. flight to tegucigalpa.

the first week back at school was great..i've resolved to not stress out about this job the rest of the school year! i really enjoy being with my students and it's not nearly as cold now! good thing i brought back like 25 pounds of warm clothes!!! i also brought back here dunkin donuts from teguc. and a box of see's candies which my neighbors have loved. i'm not looking forward to washing clothes by hand tomorrow, however.

when we arrived both fridges were covered in mold b/c we'd turned them off and left the doors closed. I'm glad we came back a day early because we spent all last saturday thoroughly cleaning them, the stoves, the apts. (beto's and mine) and trading them from his to mine, and cleaning all the mold from my windows and book case. i hadn't opened the windows and it was rainy season, but it was cold, but all is well now!

in the meantime, i'm opening a bookstore in town sometime this year, it's going to be the first here, and i need any/all used books/magazines in english and spanish! ask me or my mom for my address,. i can't post it here.

Happy New Year and fotos to come. you know how it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment