Saturday, February 16, 2013

Questions

Man so many kids are dying of cancer.  Seems like everyday I find out on facebook of at least one, and I know there's more.  Sometimes I just have to pull myself away because there are literally thousands of facebook pages now set up to follow the journey of all of these kids.

I know that this is nothing too new, but so we just find out more about these cases because of social media?  And I know cancer is not the only disease or way that children die.  And I know that everyday thousands of people die.  Which leads me to think, maybe death isn't something to be surprised at?  Yes it's horrible to lose a child and very sad for anyone to lose a loved one, no mater what age.  But in other countries death is more common place.  People know it's just a fact of life and they don't seem as shocked by it, or at least not as shocked at what we in western culture may be shocked at.

God never promised us tomorrow, nor a life without pain and sorrow.
 
Beto and I were just talking today about how since Bela was diagnosed we seem to know exponentially more families with a child who has cancer. Well, before, we knew only one. Are we just more aware, more sensitive, paying more attention, or all of the above?  For people in professions that see sickness and death everyday, is this the path their thinking takes? I don't know. I'm just thinking "outloud" tonight some things that have been on my heart and wondering you thoughts?

Before Bela was diagnosed I have to be honest I hadn't really suffered anything so traumatic.  I know I am blessed to have lived a good 33 years without anything quite so devastating. I know this probably isn't the norm and many people have had their eyes open to suffering much ealier.

But, to end with the Truth:  Jesus has OVERCOME!  He is our peace.  Our comfort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment