Wednesday, February 13, 2013

CANCER SUCKS!!!

Today Beto and I attended the funeral of a six year old boy who recently passed away from cancer.

 It was horrible and wonderful and beautiful.  The family's minister spoke a beautiful sermon and the flowers and music were beautiful.  There wasn't a dry eye in the church, especially when they played the slide-show of his life with a song about being gone too soon.

 I cried the whole two hours.  I don't know exactly what it's like to lose a child but I know what it's like to see your child suffer so much with cancer.  He had a different kind of cancer than Bela. I just kept thinking that there are too many children today dying of this horrible disease and it made me angry! And as the preacher said, we don't have all of the answers. We don't understand why some have to die so young and why others survive and thrive. And it could've been Bela. It could've been any of our kids, or any of us. None of us know when our last day will be.  Two years ago I know this family could not, and did not, imagine that today they would be burying their middle child, their little boy.

It reminded me again to really live each day fully and with lots of love, to love and love and love on my kids and all my loved ones with lots of hugs and kisses and laughter.

Please pray for this beautiful family who's hurting so much right now. I have tried but I cannot imagine exactly what they are feeling or what it would be like to be in their shoes.  But I know that they are believers and God is comforting them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment