Monday, September 29, 2008

My first lemon merengue pie!


A few months ago I sold muffins in front of our new house(the first and only time). One Canadian man passed by and bought some. He´s been here many years and heads up the hidroelectrical project in town. A few weeks ago he came by again and asked if I had anything for sale, but I only make when someone asks me becuase I don´t have time now to sell out front. He didn´t order anything then but a few days later he came by and asked if I could make Hot-Cross-Buns. ¨Well, I´ve never made them before but I have a recipe.¨So he ordered a dozen and loved them. When he came by for those he asked if I could make a Lemon Merengue Pie, and I told him the same, that I´d never made one but I could try. Well, last night I made it and for my first one it did turn out quit nice, if I do say so myself. I´m not sure if he´ll like it but we´ll see. I´m grateful to God for these opportunities to make money always at the time when we need it and by doing something I love!

2 comments:

  1. Catching up on blogging, huh??? :)

    Beautiful Lemon Merengue Pie! So proud of you!

    I enjoyed catching up, too, a little on your life right now.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I think you are taking after Grandma Walker, she could make anything! Grandpa always said she could open up a restaurant. You may be fullfilling his dream :)
    mom

    ReplyDelete